Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Discipleship Ministries eLearning offers continuing education units (CEU) upon successful course completion. Available to clergy and lay leadership of all denominations, you receive high-quality information that will enrich your faith life and ministry.
What are the Benefits of CEUs?
CEUs are required in many fields to ensure professionals keep their skills current.
A CEU provides a permanent record for the completion of a credited educational experience. For pastors/professionals looking to promote effective ministry, the benefits of CEUs include:
- Develop essential professional skills
- Foster fruitful ministry
- Learn new ideologies and best practices associated with your field
- Provides ongoing spiritual growth
- Demonstrate your dedication to your calling
- Satisfy professional requirements to continue working
$50 / per CEU - A single CEU (1.0) is a unit of credit calculated by one CEU for every 10 hours of structured participation (training event, workshop, e-learning course, etc.).
For example, if you complete a course that requires 5 hours of participation, you would earn half a CEU (0.5), and your cost would be $25. If you took a 10-hour course worth one CEU (1.0), your cost would be $50.
See All The People: Discipleship Begins with Relationship
This three-session video teaching series, featuring Rev. Junius B. Dotson and Rev. Jacob Armstrong as your instructors, aims to communicate the basic principles behind See All The People, a movement to help us understand what discipleship and evangelism mean in the 21st century.
The Committee is a 16-session video teaching series designed to examine the struggles congregations face as they look toward a preferred future. Using real-world topics, The Committee is sure to open discussion in your congregation.
How to Start Small Groups
One of the gifts the church offers is community, specifically small groups where participants can gather to experience acceptance, belonging, and nurture as well as challenge and encouragement for the journey of faith. You and your church are invited to be part of this online course, along with other churches, to enhance your small group ministry.
- What is a CEU? CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. A CEU provides a permanent record for the completion of a credited educational experience.
- How does Discipleship Ministries calculate the number of credits per course? A CEU is a unit of credit calculated by one CEU for every 10 hours of structured participation (training event, workshop, e-learning course, etc.).
- How many CEUs do I need? The number of earned CEUs required is specified by your Conference, profession, or association.
- How do I show proof that I earned CEU credit? In most cases, Discipleship Ministries makes two versions of each course available: one for free, and the other allows a student to earn CEU credit for a fee. Once a student has completed a CEU course, they will receive a digital certificate of course completion. Certificates can be printed and shared with the appropriate institution.
- Is Discipleship Ministries accredited to offer online courses? The United Methodist Book of Discipline highlights the need and provisions for ongoing spiritual growth and continual education - ¶350.1, ¶635.2 o-q.
- How long do I have access to the course? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like—across any devices you own.
- What if I am unhappy with the course? We don’t want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days.
- I completed part or all of a free course that is also CEU accredited; If I purchase the CEU credit course of the same name, can any of my completed work be transferred? No, in some cases, curriculum or requirements may differ between courses.